Sunday, July 27, 2008

My little connoisseur

It's been really hot in Oklahoma. And for the past three weeks, dry. And dusty. And that makes a car wash necessary. And a new Tunnel Wash opened just down the street from our neighborhood. And it happens to be owned by a friend's kid, and that's just kind of nifty.

We love a good car wash.

You see, we have a car wash connoisseur in our household. #2 loves a good car wash. He analyzes each system inside as to what it does and why and how. He is amazed by any machine with moving parts - and there are all kinds of moving parts in that car wash.

The week that it opened, it was free, and we went nearly every day. I typically say, "We'll go through a car wash on payday." And that is our tradition. Even if it is raining. Because we promised. It's quite funny to everyone else. But since I had no logical reason to say "No," we went.

We went in different combinations. The first day we went twice - once it was just #2 and I, and then later we went back to show Gramma, #3, and #4. The second day, it was me, #2 and #3. The third day it was the King, and #2. On day four, Mimi took #2 and #3 in her car, and my van got a rest from the action. On day five, sadly, it was no longer free. But since I had already promised it as a reward for good behavior, I paid $4 to wash my already-very-clean-van.

But it was good clean fun, my friends. And we were all smiling as we rolled out of the tunnel.

So now you all know just how strange we are.

No comments: