Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WFMW: PaperbackSwap


After reading several other WFMW posts about PaperBack Swap, I decided to check it out. I'm happy to report that I spent one hour posting 53 books that we've had in a "on-the-way-out" box and not done anything with. Within 48 hours, 14 of them are now on their way to new owners, and I will soon have 14 book credits. I'm kind of excited at the prospect of 14 books for the price of shipping.

PaperBackSwap is a free service that matches people who want to read a book with people who are getting rid of the desired book. As implied by using the word "free,"
there is no cost for the books - except that you will be paying media mail shipping costs on the books you send out. That has, for the most part, varied between $2 and $3 a book.

Now I just have to figure out which 14 books I'd like to read next. Any suggestions?

Update: I wrote the above 4 weeks ago, and then lost it in the folder before I had time to post it on a Wednesday. In the past four weeks, I've received many books of excellent quality, and I've listed more and sent out more. This is great fun! I now have a bunch of new fiction and Christian fiction reading material, some of the readers #2 will enjoy over the next year, and some informational reading on a topic that has interested me lately.

You can find more Works-for-Me-Wednesday posts by visiting Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI

I love this idea but I don't live in the USA.

Any suggestions?

homebutnotalone.wordpress.com

Candace said...

I have that site saved in my favorites but I have never tried it out. Maybe I will give it a whirl since you seem so pleased!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this but never really looked into it before now. I am in shock that I found 5 of 9 books I need and want. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ginny said...

I love paperback swap & have been using it for awhile now. They are great! I also use titletrader & on that one you can swap magazines, music, movies, games, etc. Great services!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Never heard of it. I'll have to give it a look see. ;-)

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

I plan to give this a try at a season of my life when I can more easily and consistantly make it to the post office. Sounds like a great program! :D

By the way, we are a MFW famil too - www.homeschoolblogger.com/InfertilityMom