I didn't accomplish anything - anything tangible, that is. I did spend lots of time loving on babies and playing with #2. I was extremely blessed by several people:
1. My husband let me have a two hour nap before he went to work because I was awakened often in the night. He also picked up dinner on the way home so that there was no cooking and cleaning in my kitchen tonight.
2. My mother (Gramma) came over for the day to lend a hand with the baby-holding. #4 needs frequent holding and feeding because he is a newborn. #3 needed extra snuggling because he is sick - though he is making a remarkable recovery.
3. My mother-in-law (Mimi) borrowed #2 for the afternoon because he needed extra attention because he was stir-crazy. They went swimming and made breakfast-for-dinner. She returned him at bedtime, all clean and dressed for bed. And he went to sleep awfully quickly tonight, so he must have completely worn himself out.
4. ComfyDenim, who showed up on my doorstep this afternoon with two frozen Mochas from Starbucks - which Gram and I slurped down with gusto and enjoyed immensely.
5. A family friend, known to my bookworms as CrazySheryl, who is a nurse at the local pediatric urgent care center and therefore knows every pediatrician in town, who got an appointment with a new pediatrician, for tomorrow for #3's pneumonia recheck. Since our current peds office didn't have any appointments this week at all, I was thrilled to get in with the guy we've been thinking about changing to - and I was more thrilled that he gets CrazySheryl's stamp of approval.
That was my Tuesday - it was a good day because other people blessed me so that I could do what I needed to do - which was sit with #3 on my lap for the morning and half the afternoon until he was feeling considerable better because he was one sick baby.