Thursday, May 21, 2009

The time has come, and I'm a tad nervous....

Bookworm #5 will be joining us tomorrow.

Yep, you heard it right.  

I've been three centimeters all week and having lots of contractions.  Neither my OB nor I want this baby to come on the weekend because hospital rules don't allow for weekend VBACs, and I refuse to have a c-section for someone else's convenience - if it's medically necessary, than sure - but not just because someone else said I have to.)  So, tomorrow it is.  I'm contracting quite a bit, though things aren't organized.  Hopefully it will pick up a bit though the night because I would really, really like to be in labor when I arrive at the hospital in the morning.  It just seems easier that way.  All the little Bookworms will be well-cared for while we are gone because all the grandparents are on deck tomorrow.  There is nothing at all to worry about concerning them, so I can just go birth this baby.

Tonight, I need to dump the pictures that are on the camera to the King's computer and to our back-up drive.  And I need to charge the batteries in the camera.  But, aside from a few loads of laundry, that is about it.  Amazing.  Everything is finally done, as if it were all orchestrated by God, so that I feel ready to do this in one sense.  And in another, I know that once he's here, my world's going to be turned upside-down.... again.... until we find our new normal in a few weeks.  
On other fronts: #3 is daily amusing me with his conversations - particularly those he has with other children.  #2 just had his first case of true bookwormishness.  He was listening to an audiobook of The Wizard of Oz that we borrowed from the library - and he sat still with the CD player for TWO AND A HALF HOURS.  (This from a boy that isn't even still when he is asleep.)  But he HAD to know how it ended.  Then he wanted to know if it had been made into a movie.  He was deeply disappointed to hear that it has, but that the movie is really quite different from the book.  I've promised to get it from the library in the near future.  We shall see what he thinks.  In the meantime, he's determined to listen to the whole book again.  #4's vocabulary is exploding and we're thrilled to be hearing new words from him on a daily basis.

And that's about all.  I'm being paged by children who are too excited to sleep.  Guess I'd better go read a bit more of a book in order to keep them quiet.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I'll be praying for you today! :D