Saturday, December 8, 2007

I am giving myself permission...

I love to write. It's just as easy for me to blog as it is to write anywhere else since I'm anal about grammar and spelling and usch regardless of where I'm writing or for whom.

I had all these grand plans to post book reviews, to write interesting things that others would read, to post things that might help others.

Obviously that isn't God's plan for my blog

because I haven't posted in two months.

I've had things to say, but this isn't my season for brainiac blog posting.

SO...

I'm refining my vision for my blog. This is going to be a catalog of events - photographs and verbal snapshots of our family and our activities and such. You will often find here, a day in the life. You'll find things I want to remember - a scrapbook, in many cases, of events and moments that I never want to forget (yes, my nerdy husband makes sure that my blog is periodically backed-up)

I'm giving myself permission to post one paragraph in a day - or a picture and a sentence - or a series of snapshots with no words at all.

Life in this season is moving so quickly that I can't take it all in. I'm missing memories right and left - and I have to get them recorded. I love to crop, but scrapbooking isn't fitting in well right now. We'll see if I can do better by just blogging often instead of blogging deep thoughts and important decisions.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Your boys are looking good!
I'm glad to hear that you're well, just changing the way you blog :-)

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas~

Amelia Antwiler said...

I always figured you had the permission to blog whatever...so I'm glad you've given yourself permission, too. :-)

Loved the pictures.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see an update. The boys are gorgeous as ever and full of life. God Bless them.

Merry Christmas!

Diane

www.homeschoolblogger.com/Diane