Thursday, April 26, 2007

Answers to ComfyDenim's Random Questions...

1. Silver or Gold? Which do you prefer in your jewelry?

White Gold or silver. My wedding rings are yellow gold, but since I can't wear them (had to be cut off while I was pregnant with #3 because my hands kept swelling until I was loosing circulation) the temporary band that the Bookworm King purchased for me is white gold. I like it a lot. :)

2. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

You know, I'm just not that wild and crazy. I've never gone skinny-dipping or bungee-jumping or sky-diving. I've never tried recreational drugs or cigerettes or gotten drunk. I've never held a snake, walked a ridgepole or run for office.

From the world's point of view I do a lot of crazy things: I trust God. I teach my kids at home. I delay vaccinations for them. I use cloth diapers for my kids, cook from scratch, and we live on my husband's income.

I think the craziest thing I've ever done was have children. It's a wild and crazy life, and I love it.


3. If you could learn another language, which would you learn? What would you do with it?

I want to learn to read Koine Greek, Biblical Hebrew, and Latin. I think it would be a blast to be able to read the Bible in an original language - I love doing word studies, so that just really appeals to me. I'm not sure about why I want to learn Latin or what I could use it for, but the other definately sound like fun to me.

4. I know you don't like snakes and that you're allergic to fur - but do you have a favorite animal? Which, leads me to a follow-up question, Why is it your favorite?

Hmmmm.... a favorite animal. I don't know. I think it might be the little boy - they are a blast to watch because you never know what they are going to do next. Half the time they come up with something completely unexpected that I never would have considered doing. Yet they are defiately part-wild - at least mine are. We've studied a lot of animals in the past year, and I have been consistently amazed at God's creations, but I'm not overly enthralled with any one animal - except the human boy-child. I'm blessed to have given birth to several of those.

5. If you were to write a book, what would be your topic & title?

I want to write a book about Danny - not so much the story of his life as the story of how God grew us and blessed us through him - and about the sovereignty of God and how Danny taught us that lesson. The world so often misses out on what children with special needs have to offer, and Danny had a lot of give - and gave to a lot of people - without words. I'm constantly amazed at how he touched others' lives.

3 comments:

A&EMom said...

Yea, you... wild! Just the thought of you sitting and trying to think of a wild time cracks me up!

Latin's great if you need root words for medical terminology or zoology. Also comes in handy if you attend mass!

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers! Dino Day sounds like it was a blast. Holly

Peculiar Blogs said...

great answers!!