Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thankful Thursday: Sleep




You know, once you start looking for something specific, it becomes hard to find. I know I have recent pictures of my sleeping baby, but I can't find them, and this is the most recent sleeping picture of any of my boys that I can find. And it isn't naptime - it's bedtime.

I've become overly thankful for sleep. I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy, and between potty trips, heartburn, and being uncomfortable, I'm not sleeping much at night. I've become very fond of naptime. #2 doesn't nap regularly, but he is required to have quiet time during #3's afternoon nap. And I'm blessed that #3 is still taking two naps most days. He'll even go get his binky and blankie and come ask to be rocked when he is tired. I'm trying hard to always sit down with my feet up during quiet time, and I've been blessed with some extra time to snuggle with and read to #2 because of it. I'm hoping that the new baby will easily train to sleep during those same hours so that #2 and I can make naptime our read aloud time most days. More training is necessary for me, though. I must discipline myself to stay awake!

But right this moment, #3 is napping and #2 is at Mimi's house. I'm going to grab a few winks of my own! Praise God for naptime!

12 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Ah...there's nothing quite like a "pregnant nap!" Sleep should never be underrated! My youngest is now 15, and I find myself still longing for the days when I would rock him to sleep....and I would take a nap. The housework could wait, the errands could wait....I was on my scheduled nap!

Great thing to be thankful for....Blessings to you during this last phase of your pregnancy...and HAPPY BABY!

Diane

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thanks for sharing. What a cute picture. May the Lord Bless you this Easter and always.

Angel

Deena Peterson said...

LOL!! Sleep was on my thankful list as well...but not for good reasons such as yours! Enjoy those winks...

on the Rock said...

I haven't had a full night's since ages. Hubby has a new overnite shift.

Sleep is something to be thankful for indeed!

God Bless

Denise said...

Such a sweet list, thanks for sharing.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Amen! Naps are a gift!

Great post! Blessings~

Monkey Giggles said...

What a great picture...I love pictures of SLEEP...Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend. Get your rest...

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing... and may the Lord grant you sweet sweet sleep. Blessings upon you! :)

Anonymous said...

Praying you get quite a few nights of sleep before sweety #4 makes his entrance. Hey- he may be a terrific sleeper.:)

Oh and we have that body book- Noah is always telling me statistics and facts from it and I have to constantly look in it to confirm. He's so much smarter then me! LOL

Katie said...

Sleep is good! Enjoy these last weeks before the baby chaos begins.

Anonymous said...

I love nap-times :)...Just don't get the opportunity too often. Mostly on Saturday afternoons...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to your Easter weekend.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I still love nap time.Take it while you can get it. Yes, thank God for special time reading with our kids. That is still one of my favorite memories with my mom.