Monday, January 1, 2007

First blog of 2007

I wanted to take a minute today to post some Not-Quite-Resolutions and wish you all a Happy New Year! I say Not Quite Resolutions because I've never made a resolution that I didn't wind up breaking by the third week of January. I'm going to think of these differently - God gives us all so much grace in everything we do, I'm going to give myself plenty of grace in these resolutions. I want to keep these goals in mind and refer back to them often. And if I don't meet my mark, I'll just keep trying.

Anyway - here are my plans:

1. Spend more time in prayer and Bible study. I've failed to make time for this over the last year, and I'm hurting for it.

2. Spend less time on the computer and more time doing my job - after all, my family is MUCH more important to me than my blog. Though, I won’t quit blogging because it is such a good way to chronicle our adventures, and it doesn’t get as backed up as scrapbooking does (I’m currently cropping January 2005 - I have much work to do there, too.)

3. Stick to the budget, which I need to rearrange in order to make it even feasible - but sticking to it and paying down debt is important to both me and my husband.

4. Read more and kill brain cells while watching TV less. This is actually a goal for my whole family. We all watch more than we need to, and while I don’t want to go to the extreme of getting rid of the darn thing (which does have its appropriate uses), I do need to curb its usage and turn it off more often.

5. Declutter and CLEAN. After all, we do have another baby coming in short order. We have to make room for him or her. If I’m not playing with the computer or watching TV, it should be a whole lot easier to get things cleaned up, huh?

So, those are my plans - things I’d like to change in 2007. There are a few things I’d like to learn:

1. How to shut off the mind and go to sleep when tired.
2. How to swim laps for exercise (would involve improving my skills)
3. How to care for a newborn, a 15 mo. old, and nearly 5 year old with grace and without losing my mind .

I have a list of things I’d like to read, too, but I’ll leave that post for another day. Right now, I’m trying to conquer Fagles’ translation of Iliad, and it is VERY slow going. I’m never going to meet the schedule at the Great Books Partnership.

Happy New Year, my friends, and many many blessing in 2007!

No comments: