Friday, January 26, 2007

Homeschool Resources Meme

I've been tagged by Jessica at Jessica at Trivium Academy. Here are my answers:

1. ONE HOMESCHOOL BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED

Educating the Whole-Hearted Child by Sally Clarkson

2. ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT
"Rainbow Resource, fabulous views inside products and great customer service. I also love their wishlist option!" I admit, I copied that straight from Jess - but I do love their wishlist feature, and it is a handy-dandy catalog and website. Their prices are very nice.

3. ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
The pre-ETC series - (Get ready for the code, Get set for the code, Go for the code). This is great for some kids, but it really didn't do it for my kindergartener. He much prefers MCP Phonics K.

4. ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST (This) YEAR
I like MFW Kindergarten - the phonics isn't perfect for us, but the units have been nice and I've enjoyed the resource, and so has #2.

5. ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR
Galloping the Globe

6. ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
Ummmm.... there are many on my list at the moment. Know what I really want? A housekeeper - someone who comes and deep-cleans bathrooms and the kitchen dusts and vacuums once a week, leaving me only the keeping-up duties of the house, cooking, and being with my kids. As soon as our ship comes in, this will become a homeschool expense. If DH can pay a teenager $25 to mow the yard weekly in the summer, so that DH can spend his Saturday mornings doing something else, then I can pay someone to do my least favorite and most time-consuming tasks so that I can spend more time on the fun and important.

7. ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
A searchable database of living books that can be searched by title, author, subject, appropriate age, geographic setting of book.... You get the picture. I want to type "Elephants Africa" and get a list of living books about the subjects.

8. ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOG YOU ENJOY READING
I go back and forth between My Father's World, Sonlight, and WinterPromise. The Love to Learn Catalog is pretty cool too.

9. ONE WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
www.thehomeschoolibrary.com

10. TAG OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS

Comfy Denim
Nurturing Mommy
Diane

No comments: