Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just Tacky...the Penguin, that is

#2 went over to have dinner and spend part of the evening with Mimi tonight. He had a fantastic time - but he arrived home about an hour after his usual story time, and he was really tired. We started the nightly Bible reading - Bookworm King reading while I fed #3 a bottle and #2 sat next to Dad and ate his bedtime snack. And then #2 asked for Tacky the Penguin. There was one problem with that - while he was at Mimi's, we made a trip to the library, and Tacky was among our returns. When I confessed that the book had had to be returned,

#2 began to cry - real, sad tears. This is highly unusual for him - he's not usually this sentimental. We talked and then read Curious George, but he wasn't happy with the swap.

I've already requested that the library hold Tacky for us again.

I'm off to add Tacky the Penguin to our Amazon to-purchase list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of Paperback Swap? I use it a lot to get books, and I just checked for you (because I LOVE to shop for books) and one copy of Tacky the Penguin is listed! If you want more information let me know. I'm on the Moms of Grace blogroll with you, btw- HWTK.

Katie said...

Tacky must be a great book, I'll have to check the library for it!

I'm loving moms of grace, it's a great way to get to know people!!
Everywhere I go on that site it seems you've been there too :-)

Have you made any moving decisions yet?