Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Maybe later today?

Who knows. I'm still contracting. I was 3cm at 2pm when we signed out of L&D because the hospital we were sent to at first doesn't do VBACs after 7pm. Now, I want a VBAC - it's my third. There is no reason to have a second caeserean now unless it is suddenly medically necessary. I'm NOT having major abdominal surgery because it's convenient for the hospital's insurance company. So, we needed to change hospitals because 3cm at 2pm doesn't insure a baby by 7pm.

My doctor came over to visit me in triage, and we decided that getting me out of that hospital before I hit 4cm was definately high priority. She sent me back to my mom's for a nap and some rest and time with my kids. And some walking later. We planned to meet back at a different hospital about 8pm (so my kids are going to bed early tonight.) unless I need to go to that hospital earlier.

I'm still contracting and uncomfortable. I am hoping to go in later tonight and be magically 5cm and get this sweet baby out.

4 comments:

ComfyDenim said...

Going to have a baby
going to have a baby
Going to have a baby

Can't wait to see who he looks like.

Training Hearts said...

Praying for you.

Our Peculiar Life said...

still thinking of you!

diane said...

Checking in. We are all praying for you at CC.